Effective: January 1, 2020
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION.
Generally, you may browse the Site without providing personal information and certain Services may allow use without providing personal information. However, we may ask that you provide personal information at various times and locations throughout the Services to provide you with the best possible experience that Skybound has to offer. The following are categories of sources from which information may be collected:
- Directly from you and other consumers through your interactions with and use of our Services. For example, we collect personal information as a condition of registering on the Site or making an online purchase such as action figures, books, clothing, or other products (“Products”). We also collect personal information when you subscribe to Skybound Insiders, participate in our voluntary surveys, sweepstakes, or contests, and if you choose to post to any forums and chat rooms of our Services;
- Through our games and mobile apps. For example, if you play our games, we may record your actions in the game in order to track your progress, in-game purchases you have made, and related information;
- Through automated technologies, online browser tools, and other technology to determine your location, as well as cookies, pixel tags and other technologies (see the Cookies, IP Addresses and Website Use section for more information);
- From our third party service providers, business partners, mailing companies, and contract research organizations;
- From government agencies or public records;
- From social media and other content platforms, if you access the Services through a third-party connection or log-in (e.g., through a social network); and
- From other customers who request certain Services to be provided to you.
We may enrich the personal information you provide to us with other information that we validly obtain from public sources or third parties.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
- Contact information (such as name, email address, mailing address, shipping address, phone number)
- Personal identifiers (such as your Social Security number, Driver’s License number, passport number, signature, account username and password, photos, and certain social media information that you may allow us to have access to in your profile)
- Financial information (such as credit/debit card number, purchases made, institution name)
- Employment information (such as occupation, title, education, work history)
- Demographic information (such as age, gender, birthday)
- Personal characteristics (such as veteran status, marital status, familial information)
- Geo-location information (such as city/state, zip code, physical location). Note: we may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your mobile hardware accessing the Service. This location data is used by us to provide and improve location-based Services.
- Internet or other Electronic Network Activity information (such as IP address, device type, browser information, website pages visited and when, duration of session, name of internet service provider, use of links to arrive at our Site and actions taken within our Site or emails including comments or interactions on our forums, blogs, and message boards)
- Inferences drawn from the above categories of personal information reflecting your preferences, characteristics, behaviors, attitudes and abilities
In addition to the above categories, you may otherwise choose to provide us with additional pieces of personal information, such as when you create an account, fill in a form or submit an application for employment.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION.
Generally, your personal information will be used to provide you Services in connection with the performance and fulfillment of the contract we have with you, including to contact you in relation to an order you have placed, for marketing, in order to improve our Services, and other legitimate business interests. Skybound does not offer financial incentives for the use of personal information. The types of purposes for which we may use your information include:
- Fulfillment and Responding to Requests. We may use personal information to fulfill requests and perform our responsibilities under our contract with you, such as opening your account.
- Protection and Security. We may use personal information to protect the security and integrity of our Services, and for the protection of Skybound, our users, and others.
- Responding to your inquiries. We may use personal information to respond to questions.
- We may use financial information to complete requested transactions.
- Administrative Communications. We may use personal information to send important information regarding our Services, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be important to us providing our Services, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications.
- Marketing Communications. We may use personal information you or third parties provide to better understand your needs and preferences and show you more meaningful content based on your interests (including to notify you of Skybound Products and Services, sales and promotions, or other matters that may be of interest to you). You may, at any time, stop email marketing communications from Skybound by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link contained in every email communication that Skybound sends to you. Following this, you may still receive administrative communications (such as receipts for Product orders), and critical messages related to your account (such as password reset requests that you initiate).
- Mailing Lists. We may send you information on Products, Services, special deals, newsletters and other materials from Skybound. If you no longer wish to receive such materials from Skybound, you may opt-out of receiving these communications by emailing us at accounts@Skybound.com. However, please note that even if you opt-out, you may receive Site and Service announcement updates, which are distributed to members automatically in connection with our provision of Services.
- Forums, Blogs, Message Boards. If you register for access to any of our blogs or message boards, we will use your personal information to enable you to view and post messages on the boards. However, you should understand that community forums, blogs, and message boards are tools that allow you to communicate with members of the online community. As such, whenever you give out personal information in public areas, that information can be collected and used by others. We are not responsible for any personal information you provide publicly or to third parties.
- When you use certain Services of ours, such as our games or mobile apps, we may request your consent to collect information about your actual location in order to provide location-based services. We may use various technologies to determine your location, including Wi-Fi triangulation, Bluetooth Low Energy, GPS, IP address, and other sensors.
- We may also use your personal information for market research, including to conduct surveys, compile databases, and identify individuals for research programs.
- Online Services. We collect and use information about how you and other users interact with our Services in order to compile statistics for analysis of our Services and business.
- Internal Business Purposes. We may use personal information collected from the categories listed above for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, developing new offerings, furnishing our Site, improving our Services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- Legal and Regulatory. We may use personal information to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, and to prevent fraud, suspicious or other illegal activities.
SMS OPT-IN INFORMATION
By entering your phone number in our checkout SMS opt-in, subscribing via our subscription form or via our text-to-join keyword, you agree that By signing up via text, you agree to receive recurring automated promotional and personalized marketing text messages (e.g. cart reminders) from Skybound Entertainment at the cell number used when signing up. You also acknowledge that consent is not a condition for any purchase made on our site.
If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving text marketing messages and notifications reply with STOP to any mobile message sent from us or use the unsubscribe link we provided you within any of our messages. You understand and agree that alternative methods of opting out, such as using alternative words or requests will not be accounted as a reasonable means of opting out. Message and data rates may apply.
For any questions please text HELP to the number you received the messages from. You can also contact us for more information. If you wish to opt out please follow the procedures above.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE INFORMATION.
Generally, we share personal information about you to third parties when we have your consent to do so or in order to provide the Services you have requested.
We do not sell your personal information for money without your permission. However, we may share your personal information with commercial partners as described below. In some cases this type of sharing may be considered a sale under certain applicable laws. In the event that any potential transfer of personal information now or in the future is deemed a “sale”, you may opt-out now or at any time using the method provided in the Exercising Your Rights section of this Policy.
We may share your personal information with the following entities:
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share personal information with third party service providers that we hire to assist with running our everyday business, including, but not limited to, payment processing, shipping, order tracking, promotional fulfillment, customer service, IT services, data analysis, and other similar services. We grant our service providers access to personal information only to the extent needed for them to perform their functions, and require them to protect the confidentiality and security of such information. However, even with the service providers agreeing to abide by these restrictions, we cannot control how third parties process information.
- Commercial Partners. We may share personal information, such as customer mailing addresses, with third parties who partner with us to deliver the Services or for other commercial activities. Depending on the choices you have made and the nature of the joint activity, these third parties may contact you with information about Skybound-related products and their products and/or services that may be of interest to you. We do not sell personal information to unaffiliated third parties for their own use or marketing purposes.
- Law Enforcement; Emergencies; Compliance. We may disclose personal information about you, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, and/or to respond to the valid legal process (this includes a search warrant, subpoena, or court order, and any other instance when we reasonably believe we are legally required to comply). We may disclose personal information to protect Skybound’s rights or interests, including enforcement of our Terms and Conditions. We may also exchange information, including personal information, with other companies and organizations for credit fraud protection and risk reduction.
COOKIES, IP ADDRESSES AND WEBSITE USAGE.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but please note that you may at any point in time change your browser settings to stop receiving new cookies or request to be asked at each time whether you wish a cookie to be installed onto your hard drive. If you decline or delete cookies, some parts of the Services may no longer work properly.
Web Beacons: We may use web beacons (or clear GIFs) on our Site or include them in the email messages we send you. Web beacons (also known as “web bugs”) are small strings of code that provide a method of delivering a graphic image on a web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data. We use web beacons for many purposes, including site traffic reporting, unique visitor counts, advertising and email auditing and reporting, and personalization. Information gathered through web beacons may be linked to your personal information.
IP Addresses: Skybound may also keep track of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to troubleshoot technical concerns and to maintain website safety and security. An IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer every time you log on to the Internet.
Log Files: Skybound may collect information in the form of logs; that is, files that record website activity and gather statistics about users’ browsing or app use habits. These entries are generated anonymously, and help us determine (among other things) how many and how often users have visited our Site or used our Services, which pages you have visited, and other similar data (i.e., navigational data). We also use the log file entries for our internal marketing and demographic studies, so we can constantly improve the Services we provide you.
Device Information: We collect device-specific information, such as the hardware model and operating system on your mobile device, desktop or laptop computer. We may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Services account.
Google Analytics: One tool we use on the Site is Google Analytics. To learn more about how Google uses data, please visit https://policies.google.com/privacy/partners. For opt-out options specific to Google Analytics, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We automatically track and collect the following categories of information when you visit our Site and may do so when you use our other Services: (1) IP addresses; (2) domain servers; (3) types of computers accessing the Site; (4) web beacons; and (5) types of web browsers used to access the Site (collectively “Traffic Data”). Traffic Data is helpful for marketing purposes or for improving your experience using the Services. Traffic Data can also provide us information about your use of the Services so that we or our third-party vendors can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. These third-party ad servers or ad networks use technology to the advertisements and links that appear on the Site (and some Services) sent directly to your browser.
Some of these third-party companies may be participants in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). The DAA offers a choice mechanism with respect to certain types of data collection and use. Visit www.aboutads.info to exercise choice with respect to participants of the DAA. If you would like to opt out from having the behavioral-based advertising companies with whom we have a relationship use your personal information for advertising purposes, you can also do so by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative. If you change computers, devices, or browsers, use multiple computers, devices, or browsers, or delete your cookies, you may need to repeat this process for each computer, device, or browser.
AGE REQUIREMENTS FOR GENERAL USE OF SITE.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION RIGHTS.
Depending on your jurisdiction, applicable law may entitle you to certain rights and choices as it pertains to your personal information, including the right:
- To know the categories and/or specific pieces of Personal Information collected about you, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information, and the categories of third parties with whom your Personal Information was shared;
- To request deletion of personal information;
- To opt-out of the sale of personal information; and
- To non-discrimination based on the exercise of your privacy rights.
If you are a resident of the EEA (or as otherwise required by law), you may have additional or similar rights in connection with the personal information you provide us with, including the right:
- To request the transmission of the personal information you have provided to us to you or another company;
- To object to any uses or disclosures of your personal information;
- To withdraw your consent in relation to our processing of your personal information based on your consent;
- To request deletion of your personal information, subject to certain legal limitations on this right above; and
- To request that we restrict processing of your personal information, in each case in accordance with applicable law.
EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS.
Before Skybound is able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, we may ask you to verify your identity and/or provide other details to help us respond to your request. If you are an authorized agent or parent/guardian making a request on behalf of a consumer or your child, we may require and request additional information to verify that you are authorized to make that request.
Generally, you may exercise these rights free of charge unless the request is unfounded, excessive, or otherwise unreasonable, for instance, because it is repetitive. In some situations, we may refuse to act or may impose limitations on your rights, as permitted by law. Where we deny your request in whole or in part, we will endeavor to inform you of the denial, provide an explanation of our actions, and the reason(s) for the denial.
We will not restrict or deny you access to our Sites or Services because of choices and requests you make in connection with your personal information. In all cases, you have a right to file a complaint with us or the applicable data protection regulator if you are not satisfied with any action that we take in connection with the exercise of your rights.
We value and respect your privacy. Skybound has reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational measures in place designed to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind, however, that no internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Services may not be secure, and you should, therefore, take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Where you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on this Site or other Services, it is your responsibility to safeguard them. If you have any questions about the security of personal information or the Services, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All personal information is protected within Skybound’s secure infrastructure and transfers of data are encrypted including between the users and the Site using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. These security measures are implemented by us and the vendors to whom we provide personal information, in accordance with industry standards to protect the security of your personal information both online and offline.
THIRD PARTY LINKS.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we may transfer your personal information to countries that have not been found by the European Commission to provide adequate protection for your personal information, including the United States. For any such transfers, Skybound takes necessary measures to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection. By using the Services, you give your consent to the transfer of your personal information outside of the EEA. If you do not wish your personal information to be transferred outside of the EEA, you should not enter personal information into the Services.
Your personal information will be stored for so long as is necessary to achieve the purposes for which it was collected, but no longer than the time period ascribed under applicable retention policies and/or in accordance with applicable law. Our retention policies reflect local statute of limitation periods and national statutory obligations.
- Email: email@example.com
- Postal Address: 9570 West Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90035